Sunday, October 29, 2017

Gatekeepers: Let's Talk About Teaching

You might have heard that I wrote a book for teachers this last June called Gatekeepers: Let's Talk About Teaching. If I were good at promoting myself, I'd offer the following reasons why you should read this book:

1. Even though it's written from an early elementary perspective, it spans the K-12 grade levels. I happen to know of a group of high school teachers who are currently doing a book study with it.

2. Teachers are busy, and this book is easily digestible. There might be 50 chapters, but they're teeny tiny. The average chapter is around 300 words.  

3. When I read a professional book, I want three things. I want to be challenged, inspired, and validated. I think my book offers this. 

4. According to my cousin Laurie, it's a book for humans, not just for teachers. I've heard from many people outside of the educational world who have read my book with their own lens and have found it worth their time. 

You can buy Gatekeepers on Amazon, but you can also send me a message and I'll hook you up.

If you want to know more about Gatekeepers or have already read it and are connected to the Twitter World, join #IDedchat this Wednesday, November 1st at 8:00 MDT. We'll be chatting about it and would love your company.




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment